Some users may wish to completely uninstall the new VIPRE Internet Security 2014 due to its long install progress, 100% CPU usage, and/or many other specific reasons. Should you too want to do so, read on the following content.
I will show you steps to downgrade/uninstall VIPRE Internet Security from a W/XP SP3 system:
- start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the following VIPRE Internet Security from ThreatTrack Security, Inc., press the Change/Remove button next to it.
- Please wait while Windows Installer is preparing your request and then, you ensure that the "Remove" option has been chosen by default; hit Next > on the VIS Program Maintenance wizard.
- I recommend that you rid of VIS-related items to prevent software conflict issue from happening, click Next >.
- Clicking the following Remove will start the standard uninstall of VIPRE Internet Security 2014.
- Please be patient because the express uninstallation will take some moments.
- Hit Finish to exit that wizard and then, you must restart your system to make the above changes take effect.
- Afterwards, you can remove the remaining .net 4 (the required component of the uninstalled VIS 14) if you do not use that Framework app at all.